We will work with the personal representative to assist in administering the estate. We have experience in asset collection, the tax laws as they relate to estates, local practices with regard to assets and debts, and the final distribution to beneficiaries of the estate. We have worked with all of the local entities and can help you administer the estate of your loved one. Whether it is a small estate or a federally taxable estate, we can help.
What do we mean by Estate Administration Services?
If you have been named the executor of a Will, you have likely been overwhelmed by the various requirements, notices, and tax claims. Filling out state and federal schedules and meeting (or trying to meet) strict deadlines can be difficult. It’s not only helpful, it is essential to call on the assistance of a professional who understands and is well-versed in estate administration.
Estate administration may include:
- The formal probate of a Will
- The granting of the appropriate letters of administration
- Proper advertisements of the estate
- Filing all the necessary state and federal tax forms
- Paying the final debts of the decedent
- Making a first and final accounting
- Final distribution to beneficiaries
- Generally tying up every loose end which may exist
- Finalizing and closing the estate
Other topics to review relating to estate administration: Intestacy & Gathering Assets.
Further information and details on estate administration include: Being an Executor, Probate, Payment of Decedent’s Debts & Inheritance Tax Returns, Formal & Informal Accounting and Distribution.